Sunday, November 14, 2010

In the Spirit of Giving

Last month we all took part in painting our towns pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We had tee shirts, pink parties, in Chicago there were pink lights everywhere, the skyline was beautiful. Some salons I visited in NY were giving pink hair extensions to rep the cause.
I don't know about you  but I try to do whatever I can when it comes to breast cancer awareness/research. I buy the pens, I just bought a makeup brush set in all pink w/a pink leather case, folders, notebooks, whatever it is I'll give me last little pennies if its for Breast Cancer Research. So it was a no brainer when the founder of the happiness-is-hope foundation asked me if I would provide my services to make-over breast cancer survivors for a fashion show at his yearly gala.

The Gala raised money for a foundation called R.E.S.T; what they do is provide financial assistance for breast cancer testing that isn't covered by insurance. What?! yes, I said the things that are not covered by insurance, I'm still surprised at how much insurance doesn't covered but that's another topic.
Anyhow, here are a few pics of some of my breast cancer survivors and a couple of models that were representing for a family member. There was one especially spunky 30-something survivor named Lisa that made it all worth it. She had a blast and said this was the most fun she'd had in years since her Chemo had drained her so much. I'm glad shes better and still here with us. Here's to all the breast cancer survivors and for those we have lost, we remember you.




 Done up, Just Enough!


Fresh Face Gorgeous! 


Add a little Color for a new look.  

Miss Spunky, taking a few minutes before she runs out the door for the fashion show. 






After the fashion show, me in my daily lip gloss and mascara look but my model has the glow going in her blinged out gown. I think its safe to say we all had a blast..


Stay close for the freebies I'll be shelling out for the holiday season.
The spirit of giving lives on... Peace ~ Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment